This week is always very challenging, and I find I go into it ready to go and full of optimism, and at the end of the week I vow that I’ll never do it again. However, this was my sixth year… so obviously I keep coming back to it.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I am a firm believer that a healthy lifestyle isn’t about what you do once in a while, but what you’re doing consistently and most of the time. If you have a piece of cake occasionally, you’re not failing. If you’re having cake six days a week, that might be a reason to reassess. But I also believe that there are times any of us can get led astray, and it can be beneficial to do something that helps steer us back on the right path.
For a final wrap up, I put together a few questions for each of us to answer. For anyone who has followed along doing this on their own, ask yourself these same questions too! I know we had at least one person who gave it a try, and she mentioned on social media that she had lost 7 pounds! It really does work, even if you don’t do it perfectly.
Here are my answers to the eight questions:
- Going into this week, what was your main goal? I wanted to get back on track with my eating, which had taken a serious detour. It’s easy for me to blame the holidays and more treats around … but it was me, I mean, I ate them after all! Weight loss is always a bonus too for me!
- Of the seven days, which one was the most challenging for you?My answer to this is almost always bananas and yogurt day… but this time around, the day I found the most challenging for some reason was vegetable day! I was the hungriest that day… and it was the one day where I reached a point where I felt hungry but couldn’t bring myself to eat another vegetable.
- What helped to keep you on track each day? Honestly? I’m stubborn and I don’t like to fail lol
- Which day did you find the easiest?Hands down Day 6. Definitely it’s the closest to how I normally eat.
- If you could give any advice to someone who is considering giving this a try, what would it be? Be kind to yourself. It sounds like it’ll be so easy because on most days you can eat as much as you want of whatever the day is… but it really isn’t very easy! If you bend the rules or have a slip, just keep going the next day. Life happens!
- Do you feel like you achieved what your main goal was with this? Absolutely I did. I’m not having those wild cravings for sweets like I did going into this. I’m also finding that I’m thoroughly enjoying my food again, now that I’m eating healthy. I’ve used this cleanse as a way to jump back into the eating plan I was given by a nutritionist, and so far, it’s going great and I’m very happy with what I’m eating!
- How much weight in total did you lose? 7 pounds right on the dot. I was so surprised because I hadn’t worked out at all… not intentionally. Normally I’m pretty active, but the Sunday before this started, I pulled something in my lower back, so I had to take it easy!
- And now for the big question…. Would you do it again? Last year I definitively said nope never doing it again… but this year, I can honestly say yes, I would do it again… but I’m fine with limiting it to once a year!
Here are the answers from our other participant!
- Going into this week, what was your main goal? Weight Loss and cleaner eating
- Of the seven days, which one was the most challenging for you? Yogurt and banana – just the thought of a banana :S
- What helped to keep you on track each day? I fasted unintentionally a lot
- Which day did you find the easiest? Day 6 – cause it was regular eating
- If you could give any advice to someone who is considering giving this a try, what would it be? Find a way to make warm something with the fruits!
- Do you feel like you achieved what your main goal was with this? Yes
- How much weight in total did you lose? 2.4 lbs
- And now for the big question…. Would you do it again? Yes – and I am supposed to do it next week with a friend –I’m a sucker for punishment!
See you next year!