Is financial stress keeping you awake at night? You are not doing your body any favors with this type of stress. If financial stress continues you could put your body in distress, which will eat away at your most important asset, your body!! Here are 10 tips to reduce financial stress they are very simple, and anyone can incorporate them into their daily routine to save a few dollars.
- Before you pull out that credit card, ask yourself if every purchase + interest is still a worthwhile buy.
- Call your credit card company, wireless carrier, cable/telephone service, auto/home insurance company and ask if they can reduce your monthly bill.
- Cancel your cable tv. If that’s really tough, try compromising with Netflix online, which is under $8.00 per month. Go to the matinee showing of movies.
- Create an emergency fund, even if you’re in debt. It’s important to set aside money every month, even if you can only afford $25.00 to start. This will help you sleep better at night, increase your confidence, and build hope for the future.
- Take public transportation, carpool, walk, or bike somewhere at least three times per week.
- Walk to the store and bring your own shopping bags to ensure you’ll only buy as much as you can carry.
- Make Sunday food prep day. Plan a menu, freeze the leftovers, and remember to pack healthy snacks like nuts, carrots and fruit.
- Take inventory of the contents of your fridge. Try to eat everything before returning to the grocery store.
- Invest in your education. This may sound counter-intuitive since your stressed over money, but remember it takes money to make money.
Network. Meet people; learn about what they are doing, you never know what opportunities may arise.